Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hey, Mista Conroy!

 
#This is a great idea. So here goes on my first post.#
 
A letter to Senator Stephen Conroy, Chief Censor of Australia
 
Dear Senator,
 
When you announced Labor's internet policy during the last gasps of the 2007 federal election campaign you weren't telling Australian voters the truth.
In fact, the swiftness with which you changed the policy from opt-in/out to mandatory internet filtering by all Australian Internet Service Providers shows that you were probably consciously lying from the start.
I have read all your statements in the Senate and committee, looked at every ministerial press release and most of the comments you have made in the media, I even downloaded the reports on internet filtering and closely examined the details.
So I know that you are trying to sell Australian voters a wowser's mongrel pup.
I'm not going to get angry, I'm going to get even.
I will speak with each and every relative eligible to vote in the next round of council/state/federal elections and do my best to convince them not to vote for any candidate associated with the Labor Party.
I won't agrue my case on the basis of censorship - I'll pick the issue each relative is most concerned about and white ant your authoritarian regime that way.
 
Well and Truly Teed Off